SYRIA’S ELECTRICAL GRID IS HEAVILY DAMAGED
Most of the electrical grid in Syria has been bombed, destroyed or dismantled.
HOSPITALS WITHOUT STABLE POWER
Without stable access to power, hospitals are dependant on diesel generators. This makes them makes them vulnerable to outages and price gouging.
Diesel funds the war economy. Patients frequently suffer and die when electricity is cut.
OUR SOLUTION = THE SUN
Solar energy is the perfect solution! Our team installs solar energy systems that provide clean and constant energy to hospitals.
THE PILOT PROJECT
In December of 2016 we deployed a pilot project at a hospital in the North of Syria. Over 8 weeks, our team installed 480 solar panels.
Through an energy resilience study, we determined that solar panels combined with an energy storage system and a diesel generator is the most effective solution for hospital energy management. This system can:
- Have continuously available energy, regardless of the availability of diesel.
- Significantly reduce operating costs.
The pilot hospital was selected as the ‘highest impact’ hospital based on logistics, economics, and technical feasibility for installation.
IMPLEMENTING THE PROJECT
Over 8 weeks our team installed:
- 480 solar panels capable of producing 127 KW of DC power
- 288 batteries capable of storing 720 KwH
- 23 advanced inverters
- Advanced data and control systems, power electronics and an energy storage system that enables it to run in parallel to diesel generators.
- 20% of daily energy cost saved (min.)
- 7,000 liters of diesel saved per month (min.)
- 200 tons of Co2 saved every year
- In emergencies, the system can fully power the: ICU, operating rooms, and emergency departments.